How Can I Help You Effectively Manage Your Anger?
- Understand why you might use anger as a weapon against yourself and others.
- Teach you how to regain your composure before you react to your anger in self-defeating ways.
- Build confidence and teach you how your anger can be used to resolve conflicts, build bridges and develop more meaningful close relationships.
- Appreciate the value of reflecting on your anger so that you choose healthy relationships and avoid unhealthy relationships.
- Work through guilt over experiencing anger so that you don't react to it in ways that punish yourself and others.
- Support you to think about your anger in ways so that this emotion is less painful and easier to use as a helpful tool.
- Encourage and support you to use our relationship as a laboratory to practice new and healthy ways of expressing anger.
Relevant ArticlesBusting Some Myths About Anger Management
This article busts some myths about anger management in the service of emphasizing the importance of being with, and learning how to think about and use our anger constructively.Own Anger to Manage It
This article discusses why anger can feel like a loaded weapon for some of us and leave us feeling as if we are at the risk of seriously hurting and/ or being seriously hurt by others. It emphasizes how to bring the distress level down so that we can express anger in mutually respectful and considerate ways.more articles...